Thursday, May 30, 2013

Listen... You might just be better for it

I have always enjoyed listening to my friends, family and even strangers. Hearing about life, experiences, woes and gratitude. 

Listening becomes more complicated when you add other factors. 

Opinions. Ego. Authority. Knowledge.

Sometimes we prefer to be right than to listen to the other side. I am the first to admit my struggle with this challenge.

I've been listening when it's easy and natural but not always when there's the biggest potential to grow. Differences in opinion don't always have to lead to arguments. If we listen, receive and really consider another point of view, we may be opening up a hidden path. 



I am thankful for all those bright and vibrant individuals who came together tonight to bravely share creativity. I am better for listening to their thoughts. I am stronger for quieting my own. 

BPositive, BFree, Listen and Grow!



Love,
B


2 comments:

  1. Hey B -- Just wanted to check in and see what you're up to. You're hitting on a one of my pet observations: how little real listening we tend to do in such a busy, wired culture. Like so many wonders, one has to leave space for it, which means allowing silences, something too few can tolerate, much less celebrate. BPBF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B -- Where are you? I hope taking some time to disconnect and just be fully present with the wonder that surrounds you. Still, I hope you'll be back here soon.

    ReplyDelete