Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Beautiful Thing: Day 3

I have a tendency to become a bit of a hermit. Particularly when times are stressful, I lose my desire to connect with people. Sadly for me this means I lose out on a lot of beautiful moments. Today I feel like my connection with others has been restored. I think it's all my focus on the good things that are happening around me.

I spent the morning working in the garden with one of the awesome volunteers, talking about plants, food and helping others. I dropped by the art gallery (where we have an installation) to water the plants only to learn that the sweet woman sitting for the gallery watered them for me! She introduced me to her service dog who was there assisting a man in a wheel chair. Later this afternoon I got a nice visit from a co-worker in my office where we reflected on my visit to the community center yesterday. She had a lot of insights for me and she made me feel really understood in all the emotions that come with doing community service.

Whether old or young, furry, or not I connected with everyone I came across today.

I am grateful for these beautiful moments! Did you make any connections today?

BPositive and BFree!

Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment