Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Beautiful Thing: Day 2

As I walked the halls of the community center in a town just an hour north of where I live my senses came alive.

Children laughing and playing. Giggles. Arguments. Sweltering heat in an un-air conditioned school house. The building isn't perfect but it's not always about the walls...

We came to the community center as a service project. We brought books and school supplies which were needed and appreciated. but more importantly we brought our time.

And when it came down to leaving an impression, I feel as though I came away learning something.

I leaned from the 4 year old who reminded me how to sing "where is thumkin" with her tiny little hands. And from the boy heading into 9th grade who cheered me on even when I couldn't make a basket for my life on the court. And from the preacher who brings order to the crowd with her beautiful, soulful singing voice. I got to be a part of a community today. And it was truly beautiful.

What were your beautiful moments today?

BPositive and BFree!

Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment