Monday, November 21, 2011

14 days of appreciation: day 4

HeART by springknitter

Monday and my long weekend has come to a close. But my new week is just beginning. This morning I felt very reflective of the events of the weekend. The bridge painting was really emotional to watch. Each person was healing in some way through this artistic process and I got to witness it. It reminded me of why art has such a prominent place in my life. I have always felt that art is healing and continuously helping me grow. Even when I worked in behavioral health with children and teens, I encouraged art constantly to help them release anger, aggression and all levels of emotion.

While I was thinking about art and healing I remembered that my article was due to come out this month in The Minute Mag. The Minute Mag is a Louisiana based publication distributed all over Louisiana's major cities including Shreveport, New Orleans and Baton Rouge. The article is about how art is a marker for our growth as individuals. Yesterday I was able to see this in action and I'd like to share the article with you today.

So on Day 4 of 14 Days of Appreciations, I am appreciative of art and it's amazing healing powers. Lets keep creating! It's amazing how we can grow!

I hope you enjoy the article. I certainly enjoyed writing it.

Art Heals by springknitter

http://issuu.com/theminutemagazine/docs/mm_nov_2011_online/23

BPositive and BFree to Heal from Art!

Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment