Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rain

Rain by springknitter

I love rain.

I forget how much I love rain until the skies open up and pour cool, clean drops down to the ground. I stood at the shore of the bay as fresh water mixed with salty sea and felt so still. Like a statue. I looked around and noticed that I was not the only stone still body taking in the rain. The seagulls were on there posts, wings by their sides, heads pointing straight forward. The pelicans accompanied the gulls with their beaks tucked under their wings. Far above in the sky small black birds continued to fly. And I'm sure beneath the dancing waters life continues on as usual for our aquatic friends. 

I am so thankful for the rain. I can only describe it as a fresh start. Clearing away all that is muddled in my mind. Washing away any ugly thoughts and selfish acts. Giving me a chance to take a deep breath and slow down. 

As I walked back to the house I actually started laughing. My shirt was clinging to my stomach and it was so cold that it tickled. I felt relieved of so many pressures that have been weighing on me. Life never seems to be simple. Aren't we always chasing what we want? Today my life is what it is. It's happy. It's salty air by the bay. It's surrounded by love. It's peaceful. It's washed of distress. It's all going to be okay. 


BPositive and BCleansed by Nature!

Love, 
B


1 comment:

  1. Wildchild from swapbot: I love a thunderstorm and the rain relaxes me!

    ReplyDelete