Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Road Thoughts

  by springknitter
, a photo by springknitter on Flickr.


On the road again...

So many voices are speaking to me right now. My own voice urging me home to new adventures. The voice of my marriage reminding me of teamwork, partnership and contentment. Voices of my dear friends and family that tug my heart back north for more laughter and conversations about life. 

One voice that reached me today comes from a blog I have recently started following. P, a mother, a writer and lover of all things healthy and clean always has really insightful things to say. Her latest post is vulnerable, honest and thought provoking. I wanted to share it with you all here. 

http://persephonebrown.com/blog/2011/12/moving-past-2011

After reading P's blog I started thinking of what my word for the new year would be. In the past i practiced patience, growth, and acceptance. I continue to finely tune these aspects of myself but I feel as though this year brings something even bigger. 

Over a year ago when I started this blog, I barely knew who I was or what I was doing. So I just started doing something! Anything! Writing, knitting, running, creating.... This year I am feeling pretty certain about who I am. I miss New England but I'm excited to keep living my current life in Florida. I'm nervous about having great responsibility but exhilarated at the opportunity to make real changes in my community. And although I'm still not certain how it all comes together I feel incredibly confident that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. And for the first time in a while I am living quite presently. 

After careful consideration I've decided my word this year is focus. I have been given tools to help do great things and I just need to stay focused. 

Thanks P for providing me with an avenue to really contemplate the start to this year. 

P also has an amazing cleanse she does with her clients. Check it out on her website (http://persephonebrown.com/cleanse)  and get a clean body and mind to start the new year! 

BPositive and BYour word for the new year! 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment