Saturday, November 19, 2011

Appreciate day 2

Appreciate 2 by springknitter
Appreciate 2, a photo by springknitter on Flickr.


I woke up today to the patter of rain on my roof. In A's absence I had surrounded myself by pillows. Although its Saturday, the day would be focused on knitting projects for my customers. I love knitting and I love knitting for other people. It's what knitting is all about! Sharing, giving and putting love into your work.

It occurred to me today that although this is a day of "work" meaning I knit and people pay me, knitting never really feels like work. It's so satisfying to watch a hat grow before my eyes or gloves take the form of something I could wear on my hands. And I realized just how appreciative I am to have the opportunity to make things for other people with a skill that I have. I appreciate the art of knitting and that I am able to focus on learning new techniques and creating new beautiful things.

I think knitting will always have an importance in my life, one that will stay in my family and be treasured. I'm thankful to have learned such a special craft.

BPositive and BAppreciative of your special skills!

Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment