Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Beautiful Thing: Day 10

I spent some of my afternoon at the art gallery. Today was the day we took it all down. Some of you may know that I recently helped install an exhibit called "Art as Social Discourse" for a local gallery. It was to showcase what the youth of this town have to say about hunger and what they feel they can do to contribute to the solution.

4 days of intensive labor to assemble it... 1.5 measly hours to pull it all out...

I wasn't sad though. I didn't feel disappointed. It just felt natural. You build something and at some point it comes down.

Maybe it breaks.
Maybe it relocates.
Maybe it become invisible to the human eye.
Or an eyesore to the community.
Maybe it's no longer loved.
Or just loved enough.

Maybe it's purpose was fulfilled.

The way I see it, things have to change. What fun would life be if we never grew? How scary would our world be if we never got to experience new things?

The exhibit we assembled, like many other things we create did something beautiful for us and for the community. It had its impact. It left its mark.
And the breakdown is never truly the end. It's only the beginning of the next project.

I felt so honored to be able to create and showcase such an exhibit. But today I got to see the beauty in the breakdown and all the positive channels it opens for the future.

What was beautiful about your day??

BPositive and BFree!

Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment